This is my ANCESTRY, my BEQUEST, and my ASSET to the ANCESTOR of all CREATORS...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Once I became a Penholder



Reverence for life affords me my fundamental principle of morality, namely, that good consists in maintaining, assisting and enhancing life and that to destroy, harm, or to hinder life is evil. Affirmation of the world – that is affirmation of the will to live, which appears in phenomenal forms all around me – is only possible for me in that I gave myself out for other life.
How is one to live a moral and compassionate existence when one is fully aware of the blood, the horror inherent in life, when one finds darkness not only in one’s culture but within oneself? If there is a stage at which an individual life becomes truly adult, it must be when one grasps the irony in its unfolding and accepts responsibility for a life lived in the midst of such paradox. One must live in the middle of contradiction, because if all contradiction were all eliminated at once life would collapse. There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions. You continue to live them out, making your life a worthy expression of leaning into the light.
When I was a young boy, young enough to make my dreams possible and clearly visible in my thoughts, I wanted what many people around me during my childhood days wanted. I wanted to be dressed like what doctors wear on, carry the suitcases like what businessman do, drawing a plan for a building in an enormous sight of construction area, with these lots of construction workers obeying my plea. But above all these great delusions of mine are going to ruin if I weren’t able to consider that I want to eradicate the feeling of apprehensiveness in leaning forward to achieve my tremendous dream of being a penholder.
Every person can be a penholder from their selves. Write what they want on a clean sheet piece of paper, say what they want, and discuss what they want. You are being freed, once you became a penholder from yourself. That’s why being a penholder for me, is one thing I always wanted to be with. A penholder must have a stand on its own, must have a stand that he/she can depend on. As its purpose to make a judgment in every statement that he/she writes on a paper.
Whenever I came to the point of being an obsessive writer, I see to it that in every manuscript I accomplished, I make sure that it’ll be a paper of knowledge and favorable to the majority of my readers.
As a dream catcher of my own thoughts, I must have a goal of being a successful person someday. Being considerate on what’s going to be more likely wanted to be happened of my relatives in my life is one of the factors I always account on. Because there’s always one thought in the back of my mind of not making them disappointed in every action and decisions I come up into my life.
I always ponder of having a white collar job someday. Using my great minds, great powers and talent as well in a field that I really like most to be part with – media.
Every writing instrument that comes into my life has its different meanings. A pencil in which every word I write, in every shape I draw, is my stepping stone for another step in my ladder’s life.
As Bestrand Russel says that three passions have governed his life: (1) the longings for love, (2) the search for knowledge, (3) and unbearable pity for the suffering of humankind. Love brings ecstasy and relieves loneliness. In the union of love I have seen, in a mystic miniature the prefiguring vision of the heavens that saints and poets have imagined. With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of people. I have wished to know why the stars did shine. Love and knowledge led upwards to the heavens but always pity brought me back to earth; cries of pain reverberated in my heart of children in famine, of victims tortured and of old people left helpless. I long to alleviate the evil, but I cannot and I too suffer. This has been my life; I found it worth living.
And now, that I was almost at the end of my journey in college life, that I almost foresee the near future of mine, that I was being freed by my pen, I am now ready to fight for everything, to face any hardship according to the will of God. That every actions and decisions I made, no one will get crash through.
I am Jesus Bello Guinto, a penholder, being freed by my pen.

2 comments:

  1. di ko akalaing ganito ka kalalim magsulat. ung mga thoughts mo. ngayon ko naisip na wala pa ata akong nababasang essays mo nung highschool. hehehe. ang lalim ng English, di ko nagets ung start pero bandang gitna nagets ko rin. Introduction lang pala un. di ko alam kung catchy ung intro mo kasi nga di ko nagets. yan muna sa ngayon. magsulat ka pa ng iba ha... looking forward sa mga works mo. MALALIM KA RIN PALANG TAO. ipagpatuloy mo lang yan. pati pag-abot mo sa mga dreams mo. maaabot mo lang yan kung magsusumikap ka.

    ReplyDelete

Magkomento ka na!