This is my ANCESTRY, my BEQUEST, and my ASSET to the ANCESTOR of all CREATORS...

Friday, January 28, 2011

Blog 3: Training and Observation under Ateneo School of Government

FORMULATING THE INSTRUMENT
(3rd week: January 25-27, 2011)

Accompanied by ate Karen, who is an employee in Ateneo School of Government, Executive Education Program, and Reynald, we were called by Ms. Aurma Manlangit for an important meeting. She told us that we’ll be part of a big project that International Labour Organization (ILO) and ASoG will do. This research project is about the Assessing Capacities and Training Needs of LGUs on Local Economic Development (LED): An Assessment of Four Provinces in the Philippines. These four provinces are Masbate, Antique, Agusan del Sur and Maguindanao. First task that we did is to accomplish an instrument anchored to the formulated objectives of the study.

After reading all the materials that we need in formulating the instrument, Reynald and I had a brainstorming session to create questions anchored to the objectives of the study. We then also ask pieces of advice on how to accomplish our task well to ate Karen and ate Rose Ann. That was really a big task for us, but still, we gave our biggest shot and fullest effort to come-up with a good instrument. This is our output on the 3rd week training under ASoG.





I am very glad that the real training that I am looking for finally gave its clear vision. I know that this could be a tough work for me but I know that this is my baon when I enter the real world that I am about to see.

On that same week, we met Sir Caezar, a hired senior researcher to go through with us during the research undertaking. Since the study will cover the four provinces in the Philippines, we are hoping to be part of the data generation team so that we formally feel and experience the process of getting information needed for the completion of the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Magkomento ka na!